Thursday, May 24, 2007

Fashion On The Edge: An Overview

Fashion is something to be craved, desired, glorified, and brought back down to earth. It can compliment the depth of mood and boost feelings of confidence.

I see fashion as feeling seeped onto the skin manifested in clothing and collections as symbols begging to be unwrapped. Each piece a work of art, art that can be lived in and experienced like no other form can be.

There is no such thing as 'unfashionable', but there are the people who try and also the people who achieve. That is what sets them apart.

Fashion has been a friend of mine for years now, simply because it helps me retain more of what I have to offer, which is myself. I first discovered fashion when working in the theater. Costumes, makeup, hair... it was all a part of the final touches in creating a full character. I realized that if one dresses emotionally, they have less difficulty accepting their physical selves entirely.

That is where my love of fashion began.

No comments: